Fungasm Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for things. You do like things, don't you?

+5
fawx
shirafor
Fred
VaLeN
Lepy
9 posters

Actual Animation Tips?

Lepy
    Lepy

Actual Animation Tips? Empty Actual Animation Tips?

Post  Lepy Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Have a crazy good animation tip?
    Or how do YOU animate?
    TELL THE KIDS WHAT THEY WANNA BE WHEN THEY GROW UP.

My tips would be:
    Zoom in to animate, don't just keep the interface at 100%.
    Make it to where the whole thing you're animating is filled up from top to bottom, and if you're animating in two or three different places, just re size it. Basically, don't animate at a zoom of 100.

Also, inbetweening. I think it's descriptive enough.
    What about YYOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. OUUU? Whut
    VaLeN
    VaLeN

Location : Ḥ̞̺͖̪̟͇̜̗͇͖̩̳̓͌́ͯ́̚͘ͅĘ̶̢̡̭͚͙̤͈͈̙̠̜̠͎͓̗̮͈̈̐͌̒̍̅̎L̴̷̶̴̢̯̪͚̼͚̣̙̖͕̫͇͍̟̭̘̬̰͑ͨͪL̵̝̯͇̮͇̩̱̙̭̗͍̳͎͛͗͊͌͌ͧͤͫ̈́̽̊̕͡͞͡ ̨̡̛̫̫̞̳͙̞̠͙͚̭͓̝̹͙̾ͩ̌̈̉̇ͨ̎̌ͩͫ͒̊ͬ̾ͧ͒̈͘F̸̶̳̦̺̰̙̲̼̺̯̲̟̖̱͛̍̿͊͐ͪ̌̉̏ͫ̾͌K̵̛͉͓̱͇͖̘͈̥̗̽̈́͋͗͐̓͗͊ͣ́ͥ̿̓͌͘͝͠J̷̬̼͇̦͕̻͙̜̪̠̲̹̺̝͎̾ͤ̊̔ͣ͑́̄͂̔́͜͡Ḽ̷̵̜̞̫̗͇̠ͮͧͣͤͨͯ͑͆̔̓͐ͧͧ̃̒͗̿̃̚͘͟͡l͆̀̍ͮ҉̷̭͇̻̦́͜͞ķ͛ͭ̍̿̆̄̅̽͋ͯ̌̆̚͘̕҉̢͕̹͇̜͎͍͇͔d̴ͭ̋ͤͯ̋̎̊̋ͥ̄ͩͨ̽̅̚̚͝҉̼̳͈̰̹̦̰̬͍̠ͅs̷͈̘͔͚̝̖͙͍̫͍̹̠̫̫͎̟̣̣ͭͤ͗͆̊̾̿̑̓͒ͪͧ̂͘͞h̸̡̬͍̱̥̺̜̭̺̦͖̩͇̞͓̖̙̺̯̏ͬ̀́̚f̷͔̘̻̳̹͉͈͖̪̗̲̜͇͓̮̈̽͆̔̓̆̍̈ͫ̊ͨͥ͘s̤͔̤̰͈̹̺ͬͮͣ̃̅͆͒́̇͌ͫ̾ͭ́d̷͙͎͕͖̒ͣͫ̑̈́̒̈́̃́ä̷̛̤̼̳̙̱͎͕͈̯̮̤͍̯̐̊ͪͩ̓ͪ̈ͣ̃͊̚̕͠kͨ̀͂̽̇ͭ̂̅ͩ҉҉̡͚̣̺̠͈͍̲̦̙̖̞̲̫̰͜f͓̤̘͉̮͚͕̦͇̳̘͈̤ͧͫ̂̇̃̈́̃͛́̓͊ͩͮ̋̋͘͢a̷̝̥̭̘̻͈̰͓̳̥̼͚̥̿ͨ͐ͯ͡s̡̡̛̙̜̭̳̳̩͔̪̟̲̹̔ͫ̽̊ͬͤ͂̇͒̂̃͑̒̿́ͭ̚͠d͕͇͇̲͖̖̤̞̘̟ͤ̊ͨ͐̇ͥͫ̀͞ċ̷̨̨̱̘̣̳̼̣̼̩̖̈͐͌̅̊̐͌ͯ̏̓͐͡ͅs̄̑̅͋̒ͧ͢҉̴̮͍͖̟̲͈̦̫̬͇̭̥d͗̿̋ͥ̒̂̀̕͘͟҉̟̲͈̫̮̰͚͎̗̰̲̯̺̩̤̩̭̦̭a̷̢̡̧̜̪̩͓̖̠̫̮̟̥̖̼̟̦͂ͦ̅͋̓ͨ́̋̒̉ͪ̌̋̆̂ͬͅf̢̡̳͚̭͈̼͖̥̑̉ͥ̅͑̔̂̍͛̂͋̽͊ͧ͡͞͠d̂̓̌͌̾̋̒̒ͤ̓̍ͧͪͮ͊̌͑̀҉̻͇̖̹̰͇͈͈̘͍ṣ̰̦̪͈̘͚̣̎̀̋ͥ͌ͧͧ͂̈́̌͐̚͝f́̎̎̌̑͊̏ͫͨͬͫͨͬͯ҉̹͔̝̤̰͍́͢͠

Actual Animation Tips? Empty Re: Actual Animation Tips?

Post  VaLeN Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't do this but I heard that it helps to make story boards with pencil and paper. I just make them in my head Kawaii
    Fred
    Fred

Location : Behind you... no, seriously. Check. Go on. I know you dont believe me. Will only take a few seconds. What are you waiting for? Yes, You'll look dumb if I'm not there. But I am. What?! You calling me a liar? Well I aint. But what I am, though, is behind you. See for yourself. Ckecked yet? Yes? Aha! Fooled you! I'm actually righ in front of you. You just cant see me because of my super invisibility powers. Cool, eh?

Post  Fred Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 am

Well, it recently hit me that most movements are better if the speed isn't the same the whole time, but rather if there's an acceleration or decelaration or both, depends on the situation, going on.

Other than that, I really know nothing about animation, so I'm not really of a big help...
    shirafor
    shirafor

Post  shirafor Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:49 am

I agree with Lepy, I always animate in 200% or more. Keeps my lines looking a little cleaner.

If people animated like me though, I bet they'd complain about the excessive use of MovieClips, those things are godly <3
    fawx
    fawx

Post  fawx Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:50 am

buy the following:

-animator's survival kit by richard williams
    -cartoon animation by preston blair

its what made me good
    Deathinator
    Deathinator

Post  Deathinator Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:19 am

I make two layers. On the first layer I make a basic stick figure skeleton at 100%. I draw how the moment sequence starts, and then I draw how it ends. I onion skin between the two frames and draw in between both images. I keep dividing between two images until it animates smoothly.

Then I make a new layer and trace over the skeleton at 200%, now adding all the details that make the character. Finally I delete the original skeleton.

Sometimes if I want the background to move at the same time I'll put my animated sequence in a graphic symbol.

I don't see anything really special about my technique... I think it's pretty basic.

I've heard drawing the first frame on paper sometimes helps, I'm figuring for anatomy reasons but I'm not sure.
    Darkshadow8181
    Darkshadow8181
    Admin

Post  Darkshadow8181 Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Study the movement of old cartoons from the early 30s - late 40s. Use musical timing to your advantage. Always make sure the shapes you're using to make your character out of are organic shapes, and aren't completely geometric. Try to add "weight" to your character...or at least a sense of gravity. when construction/sketching a pose, be sure to think of the character as being in 3d, so you can visualize the other side of him. So if you were to do a turn-around of the character, it doesn't look all lopsided.

Those are the standards I set for myself, but I get lazy a lot.
    Brundaty
    Brundaty

Post  Brundaty Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't really no anything about animating just yet. The only thing I know is that to animate well. You should have your FPS set at 20 - 25 Frames Per Second.

Like I said, I don't know much. I've had flash for less than a year.
    fawx
    fawx

Post  fawx Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:47 pm

/delete brundaty's post
    Brundaty
    Brundaty

Post  Brundaty Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:57 pm

fawx wrote:/delete brundaty's post

<333
    ChillyCheese

Post  ChillyCheese Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:20 pm

/poopypooppoopoopypoopopopoop

poop

Dont make me ban you fawx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am